The beauty of a remote mountain area in northeastern Georgia
Price for 1 person: 790 EUR
Duration of the trip: 8 days
Ideal time for trek: June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trek takes you to northeastern Georgia, a region called Tusheti. During the trek we will get over 3.000 m high passes and have the opportunity to admire the 5.000 m glaciated giants of the eastern Caucasus. We will see the original mountain villages with typical stone towers, characteristic for this mountainous region. We will also stop at the center of the Georgian wine region of Kakheti, in the town of Telavi, where we will have the opportunity to taste delicious Georgian wines.
Trek route: Shenako - Dartlo - Kvavlo - Chesho - Girvi - Verkhovani - Jvarboseli - Omalo
- Accommodation in Tbilisi at a 3 *** hotel -1 night
- Accommodation in Alvani in a family guesthouse in double rooms - 1 night
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during the trek - 5 nights
- Full board (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch) on the trek, breakfast and dinner during the transports
- Guide throughout the program
- Horses for carrying luggage throughout the trek
- All transfers according to the program
- Entrance and ecological fee
Price does not include:
- Changes of program
- Drinks (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu
- Transport to / from Georgia: international flight ticket to Tbilisi
Day 1 - Arrival in Tbilisi. Transfer to hotel, dinner, overnight.
Day 2 - After breakfast departure to Tusheti, first through Gombori pass to Kakheti and then by mountain path through Abano pass (2995m) - the highest road pass in Georgia, to Omalo. Overnight in a local guest house.
Day 3 - Transfer to Shenako village to start the trek. After breakfast (7-8 am) trekking to the village of Dartlo (one of the most beautiful villages of Tusheti). The trek leads through the Sonekhi pass 2400m above the sea level. Overnight in a local guest house.
Day 4 - After breakfast, climb to the abandoned village of Kvavlo, then we will go to the village of Dano (tour of a small stone church). Then descend to the Alazani River, along the village of Chesho to Girevi (7-8 pm). Dinner and overnight at the local guesthouse.
Day 5 - All day trek to Jvarboseli. At the beginning of a day climb to the Alazani ridge to the pass of Nakhaicho (2900m), then descent through the Gometsari valley to the village of Jvarboseli. Bed and Dinner at the Local Guesthouse (7-8 pm)
Day 6 - Trekking through the Gometsari Valley to the village of Omalo (6-7 pm). Bed and dinner in a guest house.
Day 7 - Transfer from Omalo to Alvani. Along the way you can visit the Alaverdi Monastery - one of the most famous and beautiful pilgrimage sites in Georgia and one of the small wineries in this part of the Alazan Valley. Traditional Georgian dinner.
Day 8 - Transfer from Telavi to Tbilisi to the airport and departure
Accommodation during the trip:
- 1x hotel in Tbilisi;
- 1x guesthouse with facilities - Alvani;
- 5x local guesthouses in villages in the mountains.
Food on the trek:
- Breakfast: Each breakfast consists of porridge and other meals.
- Another meal: Bacon omelet, cheese omelet, fried sausages, pancakes, cheesecakes, scrambled eggs with sausage, boiled egg.
- Dinner: Georgian dinners are rich, consisting of many dishes. The menu usually includes: Khinkali, Khachapuri, Kubdari and many other great delicacies.
- Lunch-box: Consists of main dish, fruit or dried fruit, processed cheese, salami, bread, chocolate, water (cold tea with lemon or compote)
- Full board in hotel restaurants or proven restaurants with excellent food quality during transfers and stays in towns.
Transport during the trip and luggage transport:
By car: From the airport to Tbilisi, Tbilisi - Alvani and back. Every transfer by company minibuses. Alvani - Shenako and Omalo - Telavi: Off-road vehicles
During the trek you only need your personal belongings and clothes and sleeping bag, documents. Food, drinks and accommodation are provided by us! Things to do on the trek (clean clothes, etc.) can be left in Tbilisi at the hotel, you will have them ready again when you return.
During the trek, your luggage is always transported to your next overnight stay. You carry only a backpack with personal belongings - jacket, headlamp, gloves, snack, drink, etc.