Trekking over the three regions of north-east Caucasus - Khevi, Khevsureti, Tusheti
Price for 1 person: 1490 EUR
Duration of the tour: 12 days
Ideal time for trek: June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trek takes you to north-eastern Georgia, you will be able to see three mountain provinces of north-eastern Georgia - Tusheti, Khevsureti, Khevi. During the trek we will get over the passes with 3.000 meters above the sea level and have the opportunity to admire the 4.000 m giants of the Eastern Caucasus. We will see the original mountain villages with typical stone towers, characteristic for this mountainous region. We also will have a stop in the center of the Georgian wine region of Kakheti, in the town of Alvani, to taste delicious Georgian wines from traditional winemakers.
Trek route: Omalo - Makratela - Girevi - Atsunta pass - Khonishala - Shatili - Giorgitsminda - Akhieli - Juta - Kazbegi
- Accommodation in Tbilisi in *** hotel - 2 nights;
- Accommodation in Kazbegi in **** hotel - 1 night;
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during the trek - 2 nights;
- accommodation in Omalo guesthouse in double rooms with shower and WC - 1 night;
- Accommodation in tent camps during the trek - 5 nights;
- 3x in a day meals (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch for the trip). Breakfast, lunch and dinner during crossings in restaurants with excellent cuisine;
- Accompanying of the guide throughout the tour, including trekking;
- Cooks in tent camps;
- Horses and cars to carry baggage throughout the trek;
- All transfers by the plan.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour plan;
- Beverages (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia: international flight;
- Health insurance.
Day 1 - Arrive in Tbilisi. Transfer to the hotel, overnight
Day 2 – Departure from Tbilisi, through Gombori Pass to Telavi and to Tusheti, through the Abano pass (2995 m) - the highest road pass in Georgia. Arrival to Omalo village. Overnight in a local guest house.
Day 3 - After breakfast short drive to the beginning of the trek. On the Makratela ridge to the Nakaicho pass, a magnificent views from the ridge between the Gometsari and Pirikita Alazani valleys. From the pass a steep descent all the way to the Pirikita Alazani River, in the village of Pharsma, over the old bridge across the river and up alongside the river Alazani to Girevi. Overnight in a local guesthouse. (8-9 am)
Day 4 - All-day hiking to Kvakhidi (6-7 am). The road leads through the valley, through the ruins of the abandoned village of Chontio. Overnight in the tent of the permanent camp in Kvakhidi.
Day 5 - After breakfast we will start the trek across the Atsunta pass (3430 m) to Khidotani (6-7 am). Dinner and overnight in tents in camp Khidotani.
Day 6 - In the morning, descent from Khidotani to Khonischala. From the village of Khonischala we will follow the road to Shatili, along the road tour of the Mutso Fortress-Village above the valley. Accommodation in Shatili in the guesthouse (7-8 hours).
Day 7 - After breakfast, drive to Giorgitsminda, then the road continues to the Isartghele 3500 m, from the pass by a steady descent to 2000 m, where we place the camp by the river, bed in tents. (7-8 am)
Day 8 - After breakfast in the morning several kilometers of descent along the river to the confluence with the main river Assa, then up along the the river Assa to the camp at the village of Aqieli. Dinner and overnight (6-7 hours)
Day 9 - The next day the journey continues upstream of the Assa River through an absolutely deserted landscape up to the 3350 m Arkotistavisghele pass. From the pass simple descent to the camp. Dinner and bed in tents. (7-8 hours)
Day 10 - From the camp, the road continues slightly down to the village of Juta. Here ends the eight-day trek. We will drive you to the Ethnograph, where the final dinner, wellness and good wine await.
Day 11 - Departure by car to Tbilisi in the morning, on the way it is possible to visit Mtskheta (former capital).
Day 12 – Transfer to the airport.
- warm sleeping bag and mat
- underwear and socks- at least 3 sets
- ankle-trekking shoes
- waterproof jacket and trousers
- fleece or softshell jacket
- warm hat and gloves
- approx. 40 liter backpack for personal belongings
- large backpack or waterproof travel bag for other things (horses will carry it)
- bottle + thermos for drinking
- sun cream + basic pharmacy
- we also recommend a down (primaloft) jacket, sandals, trekking poles
- T-shirts, shorts or trousers with detachable trouser leg
Food during the trip:
In the case of overnight at the guesthouse, the breakfast and the dinner is the part of accommodation. During the stay in tent camp our cheef will be preparing our food for us
- Breakfast – porridge, omelete, sausages, pancakes, cheesecake, scrambled eggs or boiled eggs, musli and enough fluids for breakfast and bottled on the trek.
- Luch-box – main meal, fresh or dried fruit, cheese, salami, bred, chocolate, water or tea
- Georgian dinner – are plentiful, consisting of many courses. For example : Chinkali, Chachapuri, Kupdari… and lots of other great delicacies, during the trek they include soup, main course and salad… of course there is tea and other soft drinks.
During transport and stay in cities, half board is provided in hotel restaurants or proven restaurants with excellent quality food.
Transport during the trip:
By car: From the airport to Tbilisi and back, Tbilisi-Telavi, Juta - Kazbegi, Kazbegi - Tbilisi: All by company minibuses. Telavi - Shenako, Khonischala - Shatili, Off-road vehicles
During the trek you only need your personal belongings and clothes. Food, drinks and accommodation are provided by us! Things you do not need on the trek (clean clothes, etc.) can be left in Tbilisi at the hotel, you will have them ready again when you return.
During the trek you horses will carry your luggage, eventually it will be transported by car, its weight should be 15 kg, for each extra kg the price is 5 euros. The ideal thing is to pack things in a waterproof bag. You carry only a backpack with personal belongings - jacket, headband, gloves, snack, drink etc.