Price for 1 person: 790 EUR
Duration of the trip: 8 days
Ideal time for the trip: June/September
Destination: Caucasus - Kazbegi (Georgia) base - Gergeti, Bethlem Hut
Short introduction: The ascent to the 5,000 m high Kazbek is a serious climbing tour. Due to the height of the mountain, it is necessary to take into account the time for acclimatization, which is necessary when climbing to these heights. Kazbeg is almost an ideal mountain for beginner climbers, the slopes are not too steep. However, the terrain is glacial at the top, so it is necessary to walk tied to a rope accompanied by an experienced guide who eliminates the risk of falling into a crack.
• Pick up the group at the airport in Tbilisi (possibly Kutaisi)
• All transports according to the program
• Accommodation: Tbilisi (1 night) in a 3 * hotel
Kazbegi (2-3 nights) in the 4 **** hotel Ethnograph
Bethlemi hut (3-4 nights) in the former weather station
• Half board, breakfast and hot dinner in hotels - excellent quality, large quantities,
• food during the ascent is provided in the restaurant in Bethlemi hut, in the form of full board, hot breakfast and dinner with several courses and packages for the ascent - there is a lot of food and it is in excellent quality
Price does not include:
• International flights from / to Tbilisi (or Kutaisi)
• Health and travel insurance
• All services not listed in the program
• Individual transports
• Equipment rental - all the necessary equipment for the ascent can be rented at our rental shop in the Green line hotel Ethnograph
• Rescue costs
• Drinks and food not included in the group menu price
• Optional carriers or helicopter for transporting equipment from Gergeti to Bethlemi hut
• 1-2 guides per group according to the number of participants
Day 1 - Arrival in Tbilisi (Kutaisi). Transfer to a hotel in Kazbegi, overnight.
Day 2 - After breakfast acclimatization tour around Kazbegi. Possibility of ascents to heights of about 3300 meters. Dinner, overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 - After breakfast (early morning) drive from Kazbegi to the beginning of the ascent. The ski ascent of the village of Gergeti at Bethlemi hut (3680 m) ends. Here accommodation, rest and overnight in sleeping bags in simple rooms of the former weather station. Meals for dinner and breakfast can be bought in the new restaurant directly at the cottage. The Cottage is not heated! The heat is only in the rooms of local leaders and the kitchen.
Day 4 - Acclimatization ascent above the Meteo to the chapel, or in the afternoon the crossing of the Gergeti glacier and following descent back to the Meteo cottage, dinner, overnight.
Day 5 - Acclimatization ascent to the plateau to a height of about 4400 m. Return to the Meteo, rest, dinner, overnight.
Day 6 - Early morning breakfast (approx. 5 hours), the beginning of the ascent to the top of Kazbeg. If you reach the top, return back to the Meteo station, rest, descent down to Kazbegi, go back to Hotel Ethnograph.
Day 7 - a reserve day in case of bad weather, or a reserve for those who acclimatize more slowly to a height. Departure to Tbilisi (Kutaisi) to the hotel, overnight
Day 8 - Departure
• Rope, harness, carabiners, slings and other equipment for climbing the glacier - possibility to rent in our rental in the Green line resort
• Crampons, ice axe - possibility to rent in our rental
• Sun glasses, googles, down jacket
• Warm gloves, warm hut
• Very good treking shoes suitable for attaching crampons
• Sleeping bag, personal hygiene
• Personal Pharmacy, Insurance
Transport during the tour:
By air: international flights to / from Tbilisi (or Kutaisi) – the flight ticket doesn´t included in the price!
By car: transports according to the program
There is also a possibility of arrival and departure from / to Kutaisi. It is a good price for flight tickets, but there is a longer transport to Kazbegi.
• Providing certified guides for the ascent of the mountain