Imereti, Adjara, Guria, Samtskhe-Javakheti, Racha - West Georgia
Date of the trip: 16.9.-25.9. 2022
Price for 1 person: 1150 EUR
Duration of the trip:10 days
Ideal time for cycling: June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trip is the most interesting one from our offers, because we will cross the ridges of the Little Caucasus several times, we will pass for several days in a deserted mountain landscape and climb many kilometers along the mountain paths of Mount Adjara and Guria. In the historic Samtskhe-Javakheti, headed by the carved in rock monastery complex Gelati. We will also visit the Bakhmero Ski Resort and the Sairme Spa (famous for its mineral water).
Trek route: Kutaisi - Ozurgeti - Bakhmaro - Gomismta - Goderdzi - Akhaltsikhe - Abastumani - Sairme - Kutaisi - Ambrolauri - Ghebi - Oni - Kutaisi
- Accommodation in Kutaisi in hotel - 3 nights;
- Accommodation in Sairme in hotel - 1 nights;
- Accommodation in Ambrolauri in hotel - 1 nights;
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during cycling - 4 nights;
- 3x in a day meals (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch for the trip). Breakfast, lunch and dinner during crossings in restaurants with excellent cuisine;
- Accompanying of the guide throughout the tour;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour plan;
- Beverages (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia and backwards
- Transport of bikes to Georgia;
- Insurance of sports activities
Day 1 Arrival in Kutaisi (4 hours). Further transfer to the hotel, overnight.
Day 2 In the morning drive to Lanchuti to the beginning of the cycling section. From here serpentines over to the ridge with magnificent views of the Little Caucasus, through the village of Mamati down to the valley around Ozurgeti. Then a mountain road to the resort Gomismta on the ridges of the Little Kavkat to a height of 2000 meters. Here accommodation in private houses of local farmers, dinner, overnight.
Bike route: 56km
Day 3 From Gomismta, first exit to the top of Taginauri with the remains of the Soviet base and then along the ridge with unique views, around Lake Chinchao to the summer village of Meria Keli. From there, around the highest peak of the entire area Sakornia , through the meadows and then the forest road to Bakhmaro. Stay here at a local guesthouse.
Bike route: 35km
Day 4 In the morning after breakfast departure on a mountain road that connects Bakhmaro with the Adjara village of Khulo. Through the villages of Zoti Keli and Kikibo to the main road connecting Batumi and Achaltsiche. Follow this mountain road to the Goderdzi saddle. Here overnight in a hotel right on the saddle.
Bike route: 62km
Day 5 From the Goderdzi saddle we continue in the morning on the mountain road to the village of Zarzma with the famous monastery, from here on the asphalt road through Adigeni to the mountain spa Abastumani. Here begins the mountain road through the saddles of Zekari and Sairme with heights of over two thousand meters, which takes us to the famous spa town of Sairme, which is known for its mineral and thermal springs. Swimming in the thermal pool, overnight at the hotel.
Bike route: 85km
Day 6 From Sairme Spa descent to the city of Baghdad, from here a rolling landscape full of vineyards and wine cellars. We will definitely visit some of them along the way and taste Imeretines wine. The journey continues through amazing oak forests to Kutaisi, a visit to the nearby Gelati Monastery and Bagrati Cathedral. Hotel accommodation, evening city tour.
Bike route: 60km
Day 7 From Kutaisi, first drive along the Tsenitskhali River to the Lechchumi area. From the town of Tsageri on a mountain road full of serpentines to the Orbeli saddle, from here a long descent around the Lajanuri dam, then through the canyon of the river of the same name to the Sairme rock towers. From here, the road continues along the Rioni River, between the vineyards of the Khvanchkara area to the center of Rača - Ambrolauri. Overnight in vineyards at the hotel.
Bike route: 55km
Day 8 From Ambrolauri by car to the Caucasus four-thousanders to the Ghebi valley. From here, by bike along Rioni to the villages of Ghebi, Gona, where the border zone begins. Back down the gentle descent to the village of Oni, where there will be a night in a local guesthouse with a small mountain museum.
Bike route: 50km
Day 9 From They first drive to Ambrolauri, then to Shaori Dam. Here the cycling part begins with a short climb to the mountain saddle, from here a long descent to the mining town of Tkibuli, then serpentines to another saddle, from the saddle a long and beautiful descent through a limestone canyon to the main road to Kutaisi, where the cycling part ends. Drive to the hotel in Kutaisi, overnight at the hotel.
Bike route: 60km
Day 10 Departure home
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves, helmet, drinking bottle;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- Insurance - we also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg
Transport during the tour :
By air: flights to Tbilisi / Kutaisi – flight ticket doesn´t included in the price
By car: A support vehicle will be available throughout the trip to pick you up in case of tiredness or bad weather.
- During the trip, your personal belongings will travel in the support vehicle and will always be available in final destination. Things you will not need on the trip (clean clothes, etc.), you can leave in the Tbilisi hotel, you will have them ready again when you return.
- THE POSSIBILITY OF RENTING AN ELECTRIC BIKE FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE BY OUR RENTAL IN GEORGIA !!