Imereti, Adjara, Guria, Samtskhe-Javakheti - Southwest Georgia
Price for 1 person: 1890 EUR
Duration of the trip:12 days
Ideal time for cycling: June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trip is the most challenging one from our offers, as we cross the Small Caucasus several times, sleep in tents in a deserted mountain landscapes for several days and climb many kilometers along the mountain paths of Mount Adjara and Guria. In the historic Samtskhe-Javakheti, headed by the carved in rock monastery complex Vardzia. We will also visit the Bakuriani Ski Resort and the Borjomi Spa (famous for its mineral water).
Trek route: Kutaisi - Ozurgeti - Bakhmaro - Gomismta - Goderdzi - Vardzia - Borjomi - Bakuriani - Akhaltsikhe - Abastumani - Sairme - Kutaisi
- Accommodation in Kutaisi in *** hotel - 2 nights;
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during cycling - 6 nights;
- Accommodation in a tent on a cycle path - 3 nights;
- 3x in a day meals (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch for the trip). Breakfast, lunch and dinner during crossings in restaurants with excellent cuisine;
- Accompanying of the guide throughout the tour;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour plan;
- Beverages (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia and backwards
- Transport of bikes to Georgia;
- Insurance of sports activities
Day 1 - Arrival in Kutaisi (4 am). Then transfer to the hotel, overnight.
Day 2 - Transfer to Lanchkhuti to the beginning of the cycling trip. From there, to the ridge with stunning views of the Little Caucasus, through the village of Mamati, exit to the valley around Ozurgeti. Then through the picturesque tea plantations in the hillside, to the village of Cakhaura. Here accommodation in the guesthouse, dinner, overnight.
Bike route: 60 km
Day 3 - From Cakhaura up to the pass to the resort Bakhmaro, a short descent to the village and then a high-altitude offroad to the Chidila saddle. Here are several springs with drinking water and beautiful views. Overnight in tents.
Bike route: 48 km
Day 4 - In the morning after breakfast, departure to the mountain pass, first by traverse around a huge mountain, it’s slope to the highest mountain Sakornia, then a short steep slope to the village Meria Keli. From the village further along the ridge towards Gomis Mta. Along the way we pass Lake Chinchao, we can ascend to the top of Taginauri, to the ruins of an old Soviet base. We will pass through the village of Gomismta and set up the camp in the saddle by the road to Shuakhevi, bed in tents, dinner.
Bike route: 30 km
Day 5 - From the ridge a steep descent to the village of Khabelashvilebi and from there a long ascent begins almost to the Chidila pass. Then only a slight descent to the mountain village of Kikibo. Overnight here in tents.
Bike route: 41 km
Day 6 - After breakfast through the beautiful wild mountain landscape through the villages of Karkali, Natelati to the Green Lake. From the lake then to the guesthouse in the village of Danisprauli.
Bike route: 40 km
Day 7 - The next day we set out on the mountain road to the Goderdzi pass, then continue to Beshumi, from there take a short ascent to the village of Arlis Mta, where the long descent begins along the Turkish border to the main road in front of Akhaltsikhe. After the tour of the fortress, accommodation in the hotel, dinner and overnight.
Bike route: 50 km
Day 8 - From Akhaltsikhe by road through the small villages to Aspindza. From there, through the mountains, a completely deserted landscape at the Turkish border to Vardzia, a breathtaking rocky medieval town. Here accommodation in agroguesthouse, dinner, bed.
Cycling route: 85 km
Day 9 - From Vardzia by the serpentines that lead from Mtkvari Canyon to Apnia, where the plateau between Akhalkalaki and Lake Paravani begins. From Apnia, through the Armenian settlement town of Akhalkalaki to Lake Tabatskuri. Then to the ski resort Bakuriani.
Cycling route: 100 km
Day 10 - From Bakuriani 35 km downhill to the Mtkvari River, another part of the road up to Akhaltsikhe can be driven by car. From Akhaltsikhe through the villages on the hillside up to Abastumani. Here accommodation in the guesthouse, dinner and overnight.
Cycling route: 60 km
Day 11 - From Abastumani begins a long ascent of a mountain road that takes us back to the north side of the Little Caucasus. First we climb through the forest, then only through mountain meadows up to the Zekari pass to a height of almost 2200 m. From Sairme we continue to Bagdati, where the cycle route ends. We drive to Kutaisi by car. Here is the final dinner and overnight.
Cycling route: 72 km
Day 12 - Departure.
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves, helmet, drinking bottle;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- Insurance - we also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg
Transport during the tour :
By air: flights to Tbilisi / Kutaisi – flight ticket doesn´t included in the price
By car: A support vehicle will be available throughout the trip to pick you up in case of tiredness or bad weather.
- During the trip, your personal belongings will travel in the support vehicle and will always be available in final destination. Things you will not need on the trip (clean clothes, etc.), you can leave in the Tbilisi hotel, you will have them ready again when you return.
- THE POSSIBILITY OF RENTING AN ELECTRIC BIKE FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE BY OUR RENTAL IN GEORGIA !!