Itinerary: Imereti, Adjara, Samtskhe-Javakheti, South-West Georgia,
Price for 1 person: 750 EUR
Duration of the trip: 8 days
Ideal time for trekking: June, July, August, September, October
Short introduction: This trip will take you to the historic Samtskhe-Javakheti, with a possibility to see a lot of beautiful sights, including the rock monastery complex Vardzia. You will visit the Bakuriani ski resort and the Borjomi spa (known for its mineral water), visit the other Sairme spa with its healing water. You will ride through completely deserted and undiscovered places of central and southern part of Georgia.
Trek route: Kutaisi - Sairme - Abastumani - Borjomi - Bakurian - Akhalkalaki - Vardzia - Akhaltsikhe - Zarzma - Goderdzi - Bakhmaro - Kutaisi
- Accommodation in Kutaisi at the hotel - 2 nights
- Accommodation in Achaltsich at the hotel - 1 night
- Accommodation in Bakuriani at the hotel - 1 night
- Accommodation in local guesthouses - 3 nights
- Full board - hot breakfast and dinner, lunch in the form of a package on the way or in proven restaurants during the way
- Guide for all the program
- Support vehicle for the entire duration of the trip
- All transfers according to the program
- Entrance and environmental fee
Price does not include:
- Program changes
- Drinks (alcohol) and food that is not included in the main menu
- Transport to Georgia: international flight to Kutaisi
- Transport of bicycles to Georgia
- Insurance of sports activities
Day 1 Arrival to Kutaisi, transfer to the hotel, overnight
Day 2 Departure via Baghdati to Sairme Spa, from there up the valley to the Zekari pass and subsequent descent with Abastumani, known for its observatory. Then a mountain road with a slight ascent and subsequent descent to Achaltsiche. Dinner, overnight at the hotel.
Bike route: 68 km
Day 3 Bike tour from Achaltsiche, along narrow roads on the slopes of the border mountains to the town of Aspinza, then through the Mtkvari valley to the fortress Khertvisi, from there still upstream to the rock town of Vardzia. Dinner, overnight in a guesthouse.
Bike route: 70 km
Day 4 Biking from the canyon to the village of Apnia, through a plateau and the Achalkhalakhi town by a mountain road to the Tskhratskaro pass (2454m), a serpentine descent to the Bakuriani mountain resort. Accommodation at the hotel.
Bike route: 84 km
Day 5 Biking from Bakuriani by first asphalt road to Mitarbi, then a beautiful mountain road with unique views of the Caucasus, to the city of Chashuri. Overinght in a guesthouse, dinner.
Bike route: 64 km
Day 6 Bike tour from Chashuri to Surami Spa and by mountain road through Kharagauli National Park to the town of Kharagauli. From Kharagauli mostly downhill to Zestafoni. Overnight, dinner.
Bike route: 66 km
Day 7 Biking from Zestafoni towards the dam lake Tkibuli, along the way we have to overcome one relatively steep exit by serpentines just below the lake. From the dam through a beautiful valley along the old railway line to Gelati. Here you can visit the most famous monastery of western Georgia. From Gelati then we just cross the ridge to nearby Kutaisi. From the city center we drive by cars to the hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Bike route: 70 km
Day 8 Departure home
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- Insurance - we also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg.
Transport during the tour:
By air: flights to Tbilisi / Kutaisi – flight ticket doesn´t included in the price
By car: A support vehicle will be available throughout the trip to pick you up in case of tiredness or bad weather.
During the trip, your personal belongings will travel in the support vehicle and will always be available in final destination. Things you will not need on the trip (clean clothes, etc.), you can leave in the Tbilisi hotel, you will have them ready again when you return.
- THE POSSIBILITY OF RENTING AN ELECTRIC BIKE FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE BY OUR RENTAL IN GEORGIA !!