Easy biking with accommodation in hotels and guesthouses, full board, support vehicle and guide.
Price per persone: 790 Eur
Date of trip: 22.5.-29.5. 2022
Duration of the trip: 8 days
Ideal time for trek: end of April, May, June, September, October
Short introduction: This trip is actually a combination of cycling and wine tourism with visits to historical monuments. The route will take you to the easternmost part of Georgia - Kakheti. It is known mainly for its wine production, wonderful historical monuments and great food. During the bike tour we will cross the slopes of the Caucasus, the fertile Alazani valley, visit several beautiful monastery complexes, historic towns and other medieval monuments. We will taste a lot of good food and wine and get acquainted with the traditional production of wine in clay containers - the so-called QVEVRI.
Route: Tbilisi – David Gareja – Signaghi – Kvareli – Nekresi – Gremi – Alaverdi – Telavi – Alvani – Achmeta – Tianeti – Tbilisi
Possibility to use our e-bikes for the whole trip, which we will lend you in our rental shop in Tbilisi !!
- Accommodation in Tbilisi in *** hotel - 2 nights;
- Accommodation in Sighnaghi guesthouse - 2 nights;
- Alvani Bed & Breakfast - 1 night;
- Bed and Breakfast in Kvareli - 1 nights;
- Fullboard during treking, warm breakfast and diner during transport, lunch boxes or lunch in a checked restaurants during the transport
- Accompanying the guide throughout the tour;
- Support vehicle through the trip
- All transfers by plan.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour route;
- Drinks and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia and backwards
- Wine tasting.
Program of the trip:
Day 1 – arrival to Tbilisi, overnight in Tbilisi
Day 2 - Modning departure by car through Tbilisi, than biking tour to David Gareji monastery complex, from there on the old road to Sagarejo. Visit to the organic winery in Manavi town. Further by car to Signaghi, accommodation at the hotel, diner in restaurant, overnight.
Biking approx. 80 km, with the possibility of getting into the accompanying vehicle at any time..
Day 3 – Biking tour around Signaghi, visit of the easternmost Georgian town Dedoplitskharo, back to Signaghi. There is possibility to visit Nika Bakhia winery in Kardanachi during the biking or one of the small wineries in Signaghi. Dinner, overnight.
Biking approx. 70 km
Day 4 – After breakfast biking tour to Gurjani, transport to Kvareli (approx. 7 km), tour of the medieval fortress, visit to the famous wine tunnel of the Khareba winery. In the afternoon accommodation in the guesthouse, the possibility of swimming in the lake on the outskirts of the city, dinner, overnight in Kvareli
Biking about 70 km
Day 5 - Departure by bike from Kvareli to Nekresi, a tour of the monastery with beautiful views of the Alazani valley, a visit to the non-traditional winery Nelkarisi below the monastery. We will continue to Gremi - a short tour of the former capital, the possibility of tasting in a new local cellar. We continue along the forest road to Napareuli. Here accommodation in the Twin winery, tour of the winery museum, tasting, dinner.
Biking about 50 km
Day 6 Biking trip from Napareuli to Alazani river and through the vineyards to the village of Tsinandali, a tour of Chavchavadze Castle (one of the most important aristocratic families in Georgia), a tasting in the castle winery. On the way to Telavi, visit another Shumi winery along the way. From here drive to the center of Kacheti Telavi. City tour with a medieval fortress. Then departure to Alaverdi with a tour of the monastery and finally just a short drive to Alvani. Here accommodation in a guesthouse, dinner, overnight.
Biking about 55 km
Day 7 - After the breakfast biking from Alvani to Achmeta, than accross a wonderfull forest nature through the pass Shakhvetila to Tianeti town, from there departure by car to Tbilisi – the journey takes about 2 hours, overnight at hotel in city center.
Biking about 40 km
Day 8 - departure
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Possibility to complete the whole trip on our e-bikes, which we will lend you in our rental shop in Tbilisi !!
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- We also recommend sandals;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg for the visiting of monastery.
Transport during the tour :
By air: flights to / from Tbilisi - the price of flight ticket is not incuded in the price!
By car: Airport to Tbilisi, Tbilisi-Kacheti and back. All by company minibuses.
• An supporting vehicle will be available throughout the trip, in which it will be possible to sit in case of tiredness or bad weather.
• During the trip, your personal belongings will travel in the supporting vehicle and will always be available to final destination. Things you will not need on the trip (clean clothes, etc.), you can leave in the Tbilisi hotel, you will have them ready again when you return to Tbilisi. Every day there will be the possibility of taking a shower with hot water within the accommodation.
THE POSSIBILITY OF RENTING AN ELECTRIC BIKE FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICES AT OUR TBILISI RENTAL!