Alazani Valley: East Georgia
Duration of the trip: 8 days
Ideal time for trek: end of April, May, June, September, October
Brief introduction: This trip will take you to the most eastern part of Georgia - Kakheti. It is known mainly for its wine production, beautiful historical monuments and great food. During the trek we will pass through the slopes of Caucasus, fertile Alazani valley, and visit several beautiful monastery complexes. We will taste a lot of good food and wine.
Trekisi : Tbilisi-David Gareji-Signaghi-Kvareli-Nekresi-Gremi-Alaverdi-Telavi-Alvani-Akhmeta-Tianeti-Tbilisi
- Accommodation in Tbilisi in 3 *** hotel -2 nights;
- Accommodation in Sighnaghi guesthouse - 2 nights;
- Alvani Bed & Breakfast -1 night;
- Bed and Breakfast in Tianeti, Kvareli-2 nights;
- 3x in a day meals (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch for the trip). Breakfast, lunch and dinner during crossings in restaurants with excellent cuisine;
- Accompanying the guide throughout the tour;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour;
- All transfers by plan.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour route;
- Drinks and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia and backwards
- Wine tasting.
Day 1 - Arrival in Tbilisi in the evening or early morning - departure to the hotel, overnight.
Day 2 - After breakfast departure by car to Tbilisi, then by bikes to the monastery complex David Gareji. Tour of the complex. From here on the old road to Sagarejo. Signaghi Hotel by car, dinner, restaurant.
Cycling about 80km
Day 3 - Cycling tour around Sighnaghi, we'll visit the most eastern Georgian town of Dedoplitskharo, then back to Sighnaghi, dinner, overnight at the hotel.
Cycling about 70km
Day 4 - After breakfast departure by bike to Gurjaani, then crossing Kvareli (approx. 7km), tour of the medieval fortress, visit the famous wine tunnel Khareba winery accommodation in the guesthouse, dinner.
Cycling about 55km
Day 5 - Departure by bike from Kvareli to Nekresi- monastery with beautiful views of Alazani valley, then to Gremi- short monastery tour, wine tasting in one of local cellars, then to Alazani River and through the vineyards to Tsinandali Village, here you You can visit the Chavchavadze Museum (one of the most important aristocratic families of Georgia), from there you can reach the center of Kakheti - Telavi. Alvani, Dinner at Naira, Overnight accommodation.
Cycling about 60km
Day 6 - After breakfast departure from Alvani to Akhmeta and beautiful wooded landscape through Shakhvetila pass to Tianeti, here overnight in the guesthouse, dinner.
Cycling about 60km
Day 7 - Departure by bike from Tianeti along Iori Valley towards Tbilisi, cycling through forests to the outskirts of Tbilisi, from there by car to Tbilisi, overnight stay at a downtown hotel.
Cycling about 65km
Day 8 - Transfer to the airport.
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- We also recommend sandals;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg.
Additional services: Renting an electric bike at a discounted price in our TBILISI RENTAL !!!