Duration of the trip: 8 days.
Ideal time for trekking: June, July, August, September, October
Itinerary: Imereti, Adjara, Samtskhe-Javakheti, South-West Georgia,
Brief introduction: This trip will take you to the historic Samtskhe-Javakheti to see a lot of beautiful sights headed by the rocky monastery complex Vardzia. We will visit the Bakuriani Ski Resort and Borjomi Spa (known for its mineral water), visit the other Sairme Spa with its healing water, and Bakhmaro with its unique air, cross the pass of Little Caucasus several times.
Trek route: Kutaisi - Sairme - Abastumani - Borjomi - Bakurian - Akhalkalaki - Vardzia - Akhaltsikhe - Zarzma - Goderdzi - Bakhmaro - Kutaisi
- Accommodation in Kutaisi in 2 *** hotel - 2 night;
- Accommodation in Bakuriani in 3 *** hotel
- Accommodation in local guest houses during cycling - 4 nights;
- 3x in a day meals (hot breakfast and dinner, packed lunch for the trip). Breakfast, lunch and dinner during crossings in restaurants with excellent cuisine;
- Accompanying the guide throughout the tour;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour.
Price does not include:
- Diversions from the main tour plan;
- Beverages (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia
- Transport of Bikes to Georgia;
- Insurance of sports activities
Day 1 - Arrival in Kutaisi, transfer to the hotel, overnight
Day 2 - Departure in the car through Bagdati's Sairme Spa. From Sairme drive up the valley to the Zekari pass and then downhill to Abastumani, known for its observatory. Dinner, overnight at the guesthouse.
Cycling about 50km
Day 3 - Departure to Akhaltsikhe in the morning, then through the Mtkvari Valley to the Borjomi Spa and finally through the switchbacks to the Bakuriani Mountain Resort. Accommodation in the hotel. Dinner, overnight.
Cycling about 80km
Day 4 - After breakfast, we will go on a mountainous road to the Tskhratskaro pass (2454m), then the descent to the Little Caucasus plateau, then through the deserted landscapes of Akhalkalaki and carved in the rock medieval town of Vardzia. Bed and breakfast in a local guesthouse.
Cycling about 90km
Day 5 - From Vardzia along Mtkvari to Khertvisi, then down the valley to Akhaltsikhe. After visiting the fortress along the road to Zarzma Monastery. From the monastery by the mountain road to the Goderdzi pass. From here a short descent to the village of Danisparauli. Overnight in guesthouse, dinner.
Cycling about 100 km
Day 6 - From Danisparauli through the Adjara Mountains to the Bakhmaro resort. Overnight, dinner.
Cycling about 50 km
Day 7 - Exit to the ridge in the morning and then with the serpentines down 2000 meters to Chokhatauri, then across two passes to the Rioni River to the village of Sajavakho. Here is the end of the cycling route, followed by a short car ride to the hotel in Kutaisi. Overnight, dinner.
Cycling about 60 km
Day 8 - Transfer to the airport.
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- Insurance - we also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg.
Possibility to rent an electric bike at a discounted price!