Svaneti Region, Racha- north-west Georgia
Duration of the trip: 12 days
An ideal time for trek: End of May, June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trip takes you to Svaneti, a beautiful mountain region in the northwest of Georgia, which offers not only beautiful nature but also a large number of historical monuments. On the trek, we will pass under the highest giants of the Caucasus, such as Ushba or Shkhara. We will look into the highest situated, permanently inhabited village - Ushguli. We’ll explore the center of Mestia and taste the delicious local cuisine in Becho. Then we reach the remote and rarely visited area of Racha, with beautiful forests and views of the Caucasus glaciers.
Trek route: (Tbilisi) - Kutaisi - Zugdidi - Khaishi - Becho - Mestia - Kala - Ushguli - Lentekhi - Ambrolauri - Oni - Glola - Tkibuli - Kutaisi - (Tbilisi)
- Accommodation in Kutaisi in a 3 *** hotel - 2 nights;
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during the cycle route - 9 nights;
- Three times a day meal on the trek;
- Warm breakfast and dinner during crossings, lunches in well-tested restaurants along the way or in the form of lunch boxes;
- Accompanying the guide throughout the program;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour;
- All transfers by the plan;
- Permission to enter the border zone
Price does not include:
- Accommodation in Tbilisi in 2 ** hotel - 1-2 nights (in case of arrival to Tbilisi) - a diversion from the main tour route
- Beverages (alcohol) and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia: international flight to Tbilisi or Kutaisi.
Day 1 - Arrival in Kutaisi, overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 - After breakfast, drive by car from Tskaltubo to the beginning of the cycling route. From here to the Martvili Canyon, then the southern slopes of the Caucasus foothills to the town of Tsalendjikha. From here it is possible to continue to Zugdidi or get on the accompanying car and reach the rest of the route by car, overnight at the hotel in Zugdidi.
Cycle route: 84km
Day 3 - After breakfast, drive by car to the Enguri Dam and then up the Enguri Valley to the village of Becho, a beautiful place below the Ushba peak. Accommodation in the guest house, evening unprecedented culinary performance by Jenari Kvitsiani, who cooks the best cuisine in Georgia !!
Cycle route: 82 km (possible to cycle from Zugdidi, then the route is 120km!)
Day 4 - In the morning after breakfast, we’ll take a ride through the valley below Ushba to the end of the navigable road. After returning, departure to Mestia- the center of Svaneti, a tour of the center, accommodation in the guesthouse, in the afternoon exit to the lookout ridge above the town to the ski resort. Dinner, overnight.
Cycle route: 50 km
Day 5 - After breakfast departure via the pass of Ugviri (2190m), the village of Kala to Ushguli - the highest situated permanently inhabited village in Europe, in the afternoon tour of the local monastery, then through the valley under the Shkhara glacier, back to Ushguli. Accommodation in a guesthouse, magnificent views of the Shkhara glacier - the highest mountain in Georgia.
Cycle route 60 km
Day 6 - Departure from Ushguli, through the Zagaro pass (2670m) to the lower Svaneti, from the pass long descent to the center of the lower Svaneti-Lentekhi, accommodation, dinner.
Cycle route: 72 km
Day 7 - After departure from Lentekhi through the Tskhenitskali-Tsageri valley, then by mountain paths off the main road to Ambrolauri, the center of the Racha region and the site of the famous Khvanckara wine, accommodation in the wine guesthouse, overnight stay.
Cycle route: 85 km
Day 8 - Departure in the morning to Oni and further to the center of mountains of Racha, to the village of Glola. Accommodation in guesthouse, dinner.
Cycle route: 52 km
Day 9 – In the morning cycling from the village of Glola through the mountain road to the border zone, through Shovi to the guarding point where the border zone begins, then through alpine meadows to the Tbilisi and Buba glaciers. The same way back to Glola. Overnight in guesthouse.
Cycle route: 52 km
Day 10 - Radial trip from Glola to Ghebi, Brili and back. Overnight at Glola guesthouse, dinner.
Cycle route: 56 km
Day 11 - Departure by car to Ambrolauri or Tkibuli in the morning. From there, on the busy road to Kutaisi. Overnight at the hotel, final dinner.
Cycle route: max 90 km
Day 12 - Departure.
- Possibility to rent an electric bike for a discounted price!
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves, helmet, drinking bottle;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- We also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with detachable leg
Possibility to rent an electric bike at a discounted price in our TBILISI RENTAL!