Svaneti - north-west Georgia
Duration of the trip: 8 days
An ideal time for trek: End of May, June, July, August, September
Brief introduction: This trip takes you to Svaneti, a beautiful mountainous area in the northwest of Georgia, which offers in addition to beautiful nature, a large number of historical monuments. On the trek, we will pass under the highest giants of the Caucasus, such as Ushba or Shkhara. We will have a trip to the highest situated, permanently inhabited village - Ushguli. We’ll explore the center of Mestia and taste the delicious local cuisine in Becho.
Trek route: (Tbilisi) - Kutaisi-Zugdidi-Khaishi-Becho-Mestia-Kala-Ushguli-Lentekhi-Tskaltubo-Kutaisi-Tbilisi
- Accommodation in Kutaisi in 3 *** hotel - 2 nights;
- Accommodation in local guesthouses during cycling - 5 nights;
- Three times a day meal on the trek;
- Warm breakfast and dinner during crossings, lunches in well-tested restaurants along the way or in the form of lunch boxes;
- Accompanying the guide throughout the program;
- Accompanying vehicle throughout the tour;
- All transfers by the plan.
Price does not include:
- Accommodation in Tbilisi in 2 ** hotel - 1-2 nights (in case of arrival to Tbilisi) - a departure from the main tour route;
- Diversions from the main tour route;
- Drinks and food not included in the main menu;
- Transport to Georgia and backward
Day 1 - Arrival in Kutaisi (4 am). Dinner at a renowned local restaurant, overnight at the hotel.
Those who arrive directly at Kutaisi will have an overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 - After breakfast, drive by car from Tskaltubo to the beginning of the cycling route. From here to the Martvili Canyon, then the southern slopes of the Caucasus foothills to the town of Tsalendjikha. From here it is possible to continue to Zugdidi by bike or get on the accompanying car and reach the rest of the route by car, overnight at the hotel in Zugdidi.
Cycle route: 84km
Day 3 - After breakfast, drive by car to the Enguri Dam and then up the Enguri Valley to the village of Becho, a beautiful place below the Ushba peak. Accommodation in the guest house, evening unprecedented culinary performance Jenari Kvitsiani, which cooks the best cuisine in Georgia !!
Cycle route: 82 km (possible to cycle from Zugdidi, then the route is 120km!)
Day 4 - In the morning after breakfast, we’ll take a ride through the valley below Ushba to the end of the navigable road. After returning departure to Mestia - the center of Svaneti, a tour of the center, accommodation in the guesthouse, in the afternoon exit to the lookout ridge above the town to the ski resort. Dinner, overnight.
Cycle route: 70 km
Day 5 - After breakfast departure via the Ughviri pass (2190m), the village of Kala to Ushguli - the highest situated permanently inhabited village in Europe, in the afternoon tour of the local monastery, then through the valley under the Shkhara glacier, back to Ushguli. Accommodation in a guesthouse, magnificent views of the Shkhara - the highest mountain in Georgia
Cycle route 60 km
Day 6 - Departure from Ushguli, through the Zagaro pass (2670m) to the center of the lower Svaneti-Lentekhi, accommodation, dinner.
Cycle route: 72 km
Day 7 - After breakfast departure to Tsageri, and then to Kutaisi, on the way, we’ll visit the huge cave complex Prometheus Cave. From here by car to Kutaisi, accommodation, overnight and breakfast in the hotel.
Cycle route: 88 km (downhill)
Day 8 - Departing from Kutaisi in the evening, after breakfast we’ll leave for Bagrati Church, then a beautiful valley to the Gelati Monastery and back to Kutaisi. Late lunch in the city center, packing things and departing to the airport.
Cycle route: 30 km
- Possibility to rent an electric bike for a discounted price!
- Mountain bike and bicycle equipment (inflator, keys, repair kits, spare tubes, etc.);
- Cycling clothing for warm and colder weather;
- Cycling gloves, helmet, drinking bottle;
- Underwear and socks;
- Trekking shoes;
- Waterproof jacket and trousers;
- Fleece or softshell jacket;
- Caps and gloves;
- Cycling backpack;
- Sun cream + basic pharmacy;
- We also recommend sandals, swimwear;
- T-shirts, shorts, pants with a detachable leg.
- Possibility to rent an electric bike at a discounted price in our TBILISI RENTAL!
- Complete service material, spare batteries are included in the rental price.