1-DAY HELI-SKI IN GUDAURI (HEL 10 EN)
The area of the southern side of the Caucasus – Georgia
Tour length : 1 day (period of stay at the destination)
The ideal time for a tour realization : february and march
Tour date : each day
Gudauri is today the best ski resort on the southern side of the Caucasus. Is famous for the large number of sunny days and a huge amount of quality snow. Therefore, it is the ideal place not only for skiing on the slopes (perfectly groomed), but also for the operation of the ski mountaineering and freeride activities. In addition to the ski mountaineering hikes and riding in open terrain with our guiders will also offer the opportunity to try heliskiing, which we are organize since 2007. As a part of our activities we offer 1-day heliski in Gudauri with guaranteed 3 helicopter flight with about 2 000 meters vertical downhill skiing.
Caucasus - Gudauri(Georgia), about 120km from capital Tbilisi
Price per person: (for 4 persons in a helicopter)
499 EURO = cca 2000 vertical meters
The price guarantee 3 helicopter flights, allowing you to downhill ski between 2000 vertical meters. If you want to ski continue, it is possible to pay more flights.
- 3 ski freeride downhills around skiresort Gudauri
- Services of certified mountain guides (1 guide for a groupe of 4 persons)
- Rental of all equipment-Freeride skis, poles, ABS backpack, avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel, possibly snowboard equipment, helmet
Price does not include:
- Health insurance
- All services not mentioned in the programme
- The cost of a rescue
Detailed itinerary of the trip :
- day – Meeting of heliskiers in hotel Gudauri Hut, explaining of the rules of helisiing, renting the necessary equipment in our rental, subsequent transportr to the helicopter. There will be short briefing on safety rules. Departure to heliski area. Three flights in the morning or afternoon. Returning back to base in Gudauri. Returning of borrowed material.
- Freeride equipment -shoes, skis, ski poles, or snowboard - it is not necessary because is the possibility to rent free of charge within heli-ski
- Ski or SNB clothes
- Helmet, glasses
- ABS backpack, avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel - possibility to rent
- Things of personal hygiene
- Personal pharmacy
Meal on trip:
ACCOMMODATION AND MEAL ISN´T INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE PRICE !
Ski resort Gudauri is located in Georgia on the southern slope of the Caucasus , about 120km from the capital city of Tbilisi. The ski slopes are situated at altitudes 2,000 - 3,200 metres above sea level. Freeride terrains are oriented in all directions, allow great descents practically throughout whole the winter until the end of may. The resort operates three companies, which operate Heliboarding, with one of them - company Heliksir we collaborate already five years. In the ski resort of Gudauri is also working professional team of rescue workers (similar to the Mountain rescue service), which ensures order and safety on the slopes and off-piste.
- We arrange suitable insurance for this kind of sports activities (Alpenverein).
- We provide the option of freeride and skimountaineering on the slopes of ski resort Gudauri and on the slopes around the area, including renting the necessary equipment in case of your interest become familiar also with these methods of skiing.