COMBINATION OF HELISKI, FREERIDE A SKIMOUNTAINEERING IN GUDAURI (HEL 08 EN)
The area of the southern side of the Caucasus – Georgia
Tour length : 10 days (period of stay at the destination – 9 days)
The ideal time for a tour realization : the end of January, February, March
Gudauri is today the best ski resort on the southern side of the Caucasus. Is famous for the large number of sunny days and a huge amount of quality snow. Therefore, it is the ideal place not only for skiing on the slopes (perfectly groomed), but also for the operation of the ski mountaineering and freeride activities. In addition to the ski mountaineering hikes and riding in open terrain with our guides will also offer the opportunity to try heliski, which we are organized since 2007. As part of our activities we offer heliski in Gudauri for 3-day with guaranteed 15 downhills in combination with the other three (or four) days of freeriding in the nearby ski slopes and skitouring trips around the resort.
Caucasus - Gudauri(Georgia), about 120km from capital Tbilisi
Price per person with a minimum of 4 people in the helicopter:
3 990 EURO = 3 flight days + 3 days of freeride and skitouring
The price guarantee 3 day of helicopter flight, allowing you to downhill ski during 15 downhills at minimum. In the case of bad weather (and other reasons not caused by us) we return back 150 EUR per one run.
In case that you may fly more than 5 downhills per day, you can get for the price 150 EUR purchase additional extra downhill.
- Pick up at the airport in Tbilisi by our delegate
- All the transports in accordance with the program
- Accomodation : in the hotel Gudauri Hut*** or similar, directly by the skiresort Gudauri - 3 days, There is a sauna, a bar with an excellent wine selection, ski rent and ski service
- In the hotel Gomis 19 in the centre of Tbilisi- 2 nights
- Half board, breakfast (buffet) and warm diner in hotels (choice of many different dishes, salads and desserts) - excellent quality, huge amount
- 3 days for heli-ski – 3 flight days ( guaranteed the 12,000 - 16,000 vertical meters)
- Lunch directly by helicopter for heli-skiers
- Services of certified mountain guides
- Rental of all equipment - Freeride skis, poles, ABS backpack, avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel
- The final shared Georgian traditional dinner
- Ski passes for ski resort Gudauri for the days when isn´t going fly -3x
- Wine tasting in Yago's winery
- Sightseeing in Tbilisi and Mscheta (former capital of Gerogia)
- Pass for lifts and chairlifts in the resort
Price does not include:
- The international airplane ticket to/from Tbilisi
- Health insurance
- All services not mentioned in the programme
- Individual transports not mentioned in the programme
- The cost of a rescue
- Drinks and food, which are not included in the price of group menu
Detailed itinerary of the trip :
1. day - Arrival to Tbilisi. Crossing to the resort Gudauri (approx 1.5 hrs). Accommodation in the hotel. Preparation for the next day. Rent the necessary equipment, or possibility of an afternoon skiing in the resort Gudauri. Dinner, lodging.
2.- 4. day – Heliski in the resort Gudauri and Kazbegi. For three days we ski 15 downhills.
5. day – Freeride in the resort Gudauri with a chairlift and a car. Dinner, lodging.
6. day – In case of interest, ski-touring trip around Gudauri or Kazbegi with an experienced guide, with all necessary equipment will be able to borrow for free in our skirent.
7. day – Freride in Gudauri or skitouring in neighbourhood of skiresort. In the afternoon depart to Tbilisi. Dinner, lodging and cultural program in Tbilisi.
8. day – In the morning, after breakfast, depart to Mtskheta, former capital of Georgia. Subsequently visit the Yago's winery associated with wine tasting and light lunch. Return to Tbilisi, tour the old city, final dinner in traditional Georgian style. Lodging.
9. day – Departure to the airport, departure home.
- Freeride equipment -shoes, skis, ski poles, or snowboard - it is not necessary because is the possibility to rent free of charge within heli-ski
- Ski or SNB clothes
- Helmet, glasses
- ABS backpack, avalanche transceiver, probe, shovel - possibility to rent
- Things of personal hygiene
- Personal pharmacy
Accommodation during the trip:
- In the resort Gudauri - in the hotel Gudauri Hut*** or silmilar, right next to the ski resort Gudauri - 6 days
- There is a sauna, a bar with an excellent wine selection, ski rent and ski service.
- In Tbilisi in the hotel Gomis 19 or similar – 2x
Meal on trip:
- Half borard :
- Breakfast - buffet in the hotel restaurant.
- For dinner is available in a choice of several main dishes, a salad buffet, soups, fruit and cakes
- during your stay, on request we can also provide a traditional georgian dinner with traditional dishes
- there is also a draught beer and a wine cellar with excellent georgian wines.
- Lunches are not part of the hotel's menu, however, lunch will be directly by helicopter for heli-skiers.
- Non alcoholic drinks are included in menu, rest of the drinks are paid by each participant.
Transport during the tour and transportation of luggage:
- By plane: international flights to/from Tbilisi - ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF TRIP!
- By car : Transport from airport in Gudauri and back and all transports to each programme in the region.
Ski resort Gudauri is located in Georgia on the southern slope of the Caucasus , about 120km from the capital city of Tbilisi. The ski slopes are situated at altitudes 2,000 - 3,200 metres above sea level. Freeride terrains are oriented in all directions, allow great descents practically throughout whole the winter until the end of may. In theski resort we operated since 2007, when we organized the first heliski and heliboarding here. There also organize ski school and skitouring hikes with mountain guides. To ensure the perfect comfort that also run a professional Wintersteiger service and rental of sports equipment. In the ski resort of Gudauri is also working professional team of rescue workers (similar to the Mountain rescue service), which ensures order and safety on the slopes and off-piste.
- We arrange suitable insurance for this kind of sports activities (Alpenverein)- in case you would like to try skiing or ski mountaineering outside of marked ski slopes, or heliskiing.
- We provide the option od freeride and skimountaineering on the slopes of ski resort Gudauri and on the slopes around the area, including renting the necessary equipment in case of bad weather, when it will not be able to fly.